|4. Attend Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander events
There isn’t a one stop shop calendar of Indigenous events across the country, but this list is a good record of significant events that have happened for Indigenous people, and there are often events that happen to mark these dates…5. Watch NITV and follow IndigenousX…
6. Encourage your workplace and university to do cultural competency
If you google cultural competency or Indigenous cultural awareness in the place you live, there is usually a provider.
7. Contract with Indigenous suppliers
Encourage your work or university to use Supply Nation – a national directory of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses.
8. Support Reconciliation Action Plans
Encourage your work or university to do a Reconciliation Action Plan, which is a framework for how they can support reconciliation. But ensure they are meaningful, co-designed with Indigenous people and not just a box-ticking exercise.
9. Volunteer or donate to Indigenous organisations or causes…
10. Support organisations and peak bodies to fight for the rights of Indigenous people…
Shannan Dodson – ANTaR Board Member